Sunday, April 1, 2012

DIY: Baby shower present bomb!


Today was my sister in laws' first baby shower. I am in the middle of making her a blanket, but I didn't have anything for the shower today. In a panick, I remembered a present idea I saw online a while ago, where you wrap presents tightly in crepe paper, forming a layered ball full of treats. I made a quick trip to the store and stocked up on baby goodies (including a Keith Haring bib - amazing!) and proceeded to make my first ever present bomb!


The first thing I wrapped was the rubber ducky. This was a bit tricky, and required a bit of tape to get things started.
Then came treats!
5 facecloths...

In hindsight loose treats like this weren't the best idea - I'm pretty sure some got lost and tossed out in the wrapping!
To change color, I tried to tape one piece of crepe paper to the other, just so that the person opening it could get a fluid roll.
More treats... anything in a squishy bag will wrap super easily.




The last piece...
And a little tag for the top of the present bomb...
 Anddd.... voila!
I left my hand in so you can get an idea of how large it was. It was dense, too!

And for good measure, a few pictures of the mom-to-be opening what was likely the most annoying present at the party.

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously LOL this made me laugh out loud! I wish you lived in Houston, we would be friends! I bet everyone was like OH how CuTe!!!.....cricket....cricket....as she spent 20 minutes unraveling it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah im so glad that you enjoyed it!! it really did take FOREVER to unwrap, i was laughing a lot but you could tell everyone was just like... THERE'S MORE?!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...